Threshold Inspection – West Palm Beach Office
Job Description: Join the award-winning McNamara • Salvia team in our West Palm Beach office. Do you have a current Florida PE license or BN license? This is the opportunity you have been looking for. We have an immediate position available for a qualified Threshold Inspector.
- Possess a current Florida PE license OR BN license
- Your principal practice is structural engineering OR is in performing structural field inspections on Threshold Buildings
- Minimum of five (5) years of verifiable experience inspecting structural components of building structures and field inspections
- Ability to read, interpret plans, review building codes and ensure that construction work conforms to specifications and codes
- Excellent written & verbal skills, self-motivated, flexible and can work independently as well as part of a team of engineering/construction professionals
Education / Experience
- Five years of experience with Structural Special Inspections
- Demonstrated ability to review and QC shop drawings
- Proficient with applicable IBC codes
- ICC, ACI, PTI, AISC or applicable certification
- Commitment to maintaining personal and job-site safety
- Satisfactory driving record
- Proven ability to work with a team, treat others with respect and communicate effectively
Ensure that construction is progressing in compliance with the project specifications and perform structural inspections to include CMU, cast-in-place concrete, reinforcing steel, shoring/reshoring, post tension cable, precast/prestress members, light-gage metal studs, exterior window systems and wood frame systems. This position requires the physical ability to navigate typical construction terrain and climb ladders to access remote areas.
- Provide inspection of all structural components in accordance with the Threshold Inspection Plan
- Verify that shoring & reshoring has been inspected by professional engineer for compliance with shoring plan
- Monitor concrete placement
- Create daily reports
- Attend pre-construction meetings
- Review shop drawings when necessary
- Conduct other field inspections or investigations when required
- Communicate and coordinate with project engineers, other inspectors and construction personnel
- Follow and support all site safety policies and procedures
- Some night and weekend work should be anticipated and is expected
McNamara • Salvia provides innovative and cost-effective structural engineering services for architects, developers, owners and institutions across the country and abroad. The firm brings to the design team extensive engineering expertise in all types of structural systems and materials for diversified projects such as medical and research facilities, urban and suburban office structures, commercial and retail complexes and residential developments.
We offer competitive salary + bonus, medical, dental and vision insurance, life, long and short term disability insurance, 401(k) with company paid match and flex spending accounts as well as other benefits.