Threshold Inspection Representative – Miami Office
Job Description: A national structural engineering firm with an office located in downtown Miami is seeking a designated site inspector to perform Threshold Inspection Representation on several projects located in the South Florida area including Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach.
This position requires a physical ability to navigate typical construction terrain and climb ladders to access remote areas.
Education / Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience inspecting structural components of building structures and field inspections
- State inspection certifications are an advantage
- Candidates must be team oriented and work well with others
- Must be able to perform structural inspections to include CMU, cast-in-place concrete, reinforcing steel, shoring/reshoring, post tension cable, precast/prestress members, light-gage metal studs, exterior window systems and wood frame systems
- Follow and support all site safety policies and procedures
- Some night and weekend work should be anticipated and is expected
- Ability to read/understand project plans and specifications
- Ability to communicate with project design and construction team
- Report writing and record documentation is a must
McNamara • Salvia provides innovative and cost-effective structural engineering services for architects, developers, owners and institutions across the country and abroad. The firm brings to the design team extensive engineering expertise in all types of structural systems and materials for diversified projects such as medical and research facilities, urban and suburban office structures, commercial and retail complexes and residential developments.
We offer competitive salary + bonus, medical, dental and vision insurance, life, long and short term disability insurance, 401(k) with company paid match and flex spending accounts as well as other benefits.