Threshold Inspection Representative – Ft. Lauderdale
Job Description: Join the award-winning McNamara • Salvia team in Ft. Lauderdale, FL reporting to our Miami office. We have an immediate opportunity for a qualified Threshold Inspection Representative. As a Threshold Inspection Representative you would be working closely with the licensed Special Inspector to ensure that construction is progressing in compliance with the project specifications and performing structural inspections to include CMU, cast-in-place concrete, reinforcing steel, shoring/reshoring, post tension cable, precast/prestress members, light-gage metal studs, exterior window systems and wood frame systems. This position requires a physical ability to navigate typical construction terrain and climb ladders to access remote areas.
Education / Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of verifiable experience inspecting structural components of building structures and field inspections
- Professional Engineers License and certification from ICC, AISC and/or ACI
- State inspection certifications are an advantage
- Candidates must be team-oriented and work well with others
- Provide inspection of all structural components in accordance with the Threshold Inspection Plan
- Verify that shoring & reshoring has been inspected by Professional Engineer for compliance with shoring plan
- Monitor concrete placement
- Create daily reports
- Attend pre-construction meetings
- Review shop drawings when necessary
McNamara • Salvia provides innovative and cost-effective structural engineering services for architects, developers, owners and institutions across the country and abroad. The firm brings to the design team extensive engineering expertise in all types of structural systems and materials for diversified projects such as medical and research facilities, urban and suburban office structures, commercial and retail complexes and residential developments.
We offer competitive salary + bonus, medical, dental and vision insurance, life, long and short term disability insurance, 401(k) with company paid match and flex spending accounts as well as other benefits.