The Lucas is an eight-story condominium building set within the restored 1874 German Trinity Catholic Church. The 80,000 SF boutique condo building consists of 33 luxury residences. The project reused the stone walls of the former church and inserted a steel and glass addition rising from inside the historic Roxbury Puddingstone façade. The contemporary glass curtain wall addition to the historic structure ultimately created a building-within-a-building. The 100-foot bell tower was incorporated into several of the units, with select units also featuring balconies and roof decks. The project also includes 30 parking spaces in a below-grade garage.
Award of Merit Residential / Hospitality (2018) ENR New England