Project Engineer at McNamara • Salvia in Miami, FL:
Position involves structural analysis and design, computer modeling and calculations, client interaction, and collaboration with leading architects, planners and engineers. Will work in a collaborative team environment on a wide range of building projects in a diverse industries including healthcare, higher education, multi-family, hospitality, commercial and renovation projects.
- Analysis of slab deflection, schematic design of columns placement, punching shear analysis and load transfer for the typical slabs. – 20%
- Review of construction documents, such as columns reinforcement, shear walls reinforcement, slab reinforcement, foundation reinforcement, elevator system and concrete mix designs shop drawings. – 33%
- Estimate various schematic designs of the structures like columns, footings, and shear wall placing. – 10%
- Production of official and unofficial sketches that were issued to the client in order to modify portions of the structure after submitting structural package. – 15%
- Production of sections, details and specifications; using the software of Revit. – 10%
- Assisting site inspections such as concrete pours, formwork placement, foundation layout, slab and column reinforcement placement. – 2%
- Attend coordination meetings weekly with the projects team (owner, developer, architect, electrical engineer, and mechanical engineer). – 5%
- Manage and modify submissions of projects such as Foundation Packages, Bulletins, and Issue for Construction. – 5%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or a closely related field.
- 2 years of experience with: Structural Engineering with emphasis on building structures; Revit; building codes, design and construction standards; and seismic design methodologies.
- 1 year of experience with Structural design codes and standards including IBC, ASCE, AISC, and ACI.
Occasional telecommuting possible.
Apply to: email@example.com. Refer to job code YD20.