Software Developer – Boston Office
McNamara • Salvia, a nationally recognized structural engineering firm with offices in Boston, Miami, and New York is seeking a talented Software Developer. This is a great opportunity for individuals who want to work on exciting building projects while using cutting edge technology to impact the industry. The goal of this position is to develop software tools to add efficiencies to the structural design process, optimize workflows and integrate computational design into design processes. This position requires creative thinking with challenging new problems to solve in a fast-moving environment.
- Work on every stage of software development projects: analysis, design, programming, testing, release and maintenance.
- Develop stand-alone applications, scripts, Excel Macros, and plug-ins for structural design and building modeling tools.
- Contribute to existing software development projects and to the architecture of software tools and data within the company.
- Work with Engineers and Modelers within the company to boost their initiatives through programming efforts.
- Research the latest design trends and technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline (Software Engineering).
- 2-4 years of experience working as a software developer
- Proficient with the Microsoft .Net framework (C#/VB.net), Python, and Excel VBA (Knowledge of other programming languages and frameworks is a plus)
- Good understanding of 3D Math applied to 3D Graphics and Models
- Experience with source control systems like GIT or SVN
- Experience in visual programming (Dynamo and Grasshopper) is desirable
- Experience with database design + JSON and XML data structures is highly desirable
- Experience with 3D modeling software and programming with 3D engines is highly desirable
- Knowledge of BIM Tools: Revit, Revit SDK, AutoCAD, and/or Rhino is desirable
- Exposure to engineering software including ETABS, SAFE, and RAM is a big plus
- Excellent communication skills with team members
McNamara • Salvia provides innovative and cost-effective structural engineering services for architects, developers, owners and institutions across the country and abroad. The firm brings to the design team extensive engineering expertise in all types of structural systems and materials for diversified projects such as medical and research facilities, urban and suburban office structures, commercial and retail complexes and residential developments.