Job Description: The candidate will be working closely with structural engineers to implement computational and optimization capabilities. This position requires creative thinking with challenging new problems to solve in a fast-moving environment.
- Work on every stage of software development projects: analysis, design, programming, testing, release and maintenance.
- Develop stand-alone applications, scripts, Excel Macros, and plug-ins for structural design and building modeling tools.
- Contribute to existing software development projects and to the architecture of software tools and data within the company.
- Work with Engineers and Modelers within the company to boost their initiatives through programming efforts.
- Research the latest design trends and technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline (Software Engineering).
- 2-4 years of experience working as a software developer
- Proficient with the Microsoft .Net framework (C#/VB.net), Python, and Excel VBA (Knowledge of other programming languages and frameworks is a plus)
- Good understanding of 3D Math applied to 3D Graphics and Models
- Experience with source control systems like GIT or SVN
- Experience in visual programming (Dynamo and Grasshopper) is desirable
- Experience with database design + JSON and XML data structures is highly desirable
- Experience with 3D modeling software and programming with 3D engines is highly desirable
- Knowledge of BIM Tools: Revit, Revit SDK, AutoCAD, and/or Rhino is desirable
- Exposure to engineering software including ETABS, SAFE, and RAM is a big plus
- Excellent communication skills with team members