Building Information Modeling (BIM)
The production of contract documents has evolved from paper to 2D CAD to 3D Building Information Modeling (BIM). McNamara • Salvia uses the latest software and best practices from our standard library to produce clear, efficient documents and models for your project. In addition to drawings and specifications, our basic services include a model to Level of Development 300 per BIM Forum Specifications. Coordinating with our MACRO Workshop, we progressively use the parametric data in our models to advance our design processes and extend the lifespan of the data into Construction and beyond.
Quality structural modeling to the appropriate level of development is the foundation of effective coordination. We place equal emphasis on the Information in the BIM model to bridge the data gap between design and construction.
BIM Services are:
- For existing buildings and campuses migrating to 3D controls, a structural model is an important basis for integrating these operational softwares.
- For existing building and campuses planning for future renovation, a structural model is an important background element for understanding the scope and delivering the project in BIM.
- McNamara • Salvia transforms existing 2D drawings into 3D models to complement laser scans, architectural models, and MEP distribution models.
- When special projects require additional modeling, McNamara • Salvia can provide Level of Development 400 (fabricated) or 500 (as-built) models with available information.
- The parametric data in McNamara • Salvia models can be used to develop shop drawings for steel, concrete reinforcing, and other materials in coordination with contractors.
- Review of structural steel shop drawings in the native fabricator models using a pioneering data exchange process which expedites the transmission of the submittal, eliminates data entry errors, and improves the quality by allowing review of components in their connected form.
- Coordination with AISC, detailing software companies, and steel fabricators to develop applications and processes that improve and expedite the review.
- Allows use of parametric model information to track pieces from design to procurement, to fabrication, to erection.
- Identifying where multiple elements of different trades in the model occupy the same space so that the interferences can be remedied prior to material procurement, fabrication, and installation.
- Facilitation of clash detection efforts by
- McNamara • Salvia can provide comprehensive, multi-disciplinary solutions, reduced RFI, and leaner construction.