Project Engineer – New York Office
Job Description: Are you looking for the opportunity to work on exciting, high-profile projects? McNamara Salvia’s New York City office is accepting resumes for a qualified Structural Project Engineer. This is a growth opportunity for someone looking to combine technical competence with developing project management skills. The position involves structural analysis and design, computer modeling and calculations, client interaction, and collaboration with leading architects, planners and engineers. The successful Project Engineer candidate will work in a collaborative team environment on a wide variety of building projects including healthcare, higher-education, multi-family, hospitality, commercial and renovation projects with an opportunity to manage small to medium sized projects.
The Project Engineer assists Project Managers to ensure that work designed on the project meets plan and specification requirements.
- Lead structural design; oversee junior engineering support staff
- Possess strong leadership qualities
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Team player and with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work with a team in an efficient and effective manner
- Self-starter with excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Structural analysis and design of various building framing and foundation systems, both gravity and lateral, in structural steel, reinforced concrete and masonry
- Reviews shop drawing and submittals
- Proficient using analysis and design software including STAAD, ETABS, RAM, and SAFE
- Support in the development of construction drawings and specifications
- Support during construction phase services including shop drawing submittal review and construction requests for information (RFIs)
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering with structural emphasis
- EIT preference
- 0-2+ years of experience in structural engineering with emphasis on building structures
- Knowledge of building codes, design & construction standards and seismic design methodologies
- Excellent planning and organizational skills for our fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Basic knowledge of Structural design codes and standards including such as IBC, ASCE, AISC and ACI
- Experience with RAM, ETABS, ADAPT, SAFE and REVIT is helpful.
- Strong communication skills for our fast-paced environment
McNamara · Salvia provides innovative and cost-effective structural engineering services for architects, developers, owners and institutions across the country and abroad. The firm brings to the design team extensive engineering expertise in all types of structural systems and materials for diversified projects such as medical and research facilities, urban and suburban office structures, commercial and retail complexes and residential developments.
We offer competitive salary + bonus, medical, dental and vision insurance, life, long and short term disability insurance, 401(k) with company paid match and flex spending accounts as well as other benefits.