Programmer/Computational Designer – Boston Office
McNamara • Salvia, a nationally recognized structural engineering firm with offices in Boston, Miami, and New York is seeking a talented Computational Designer. This is a great opportunity for individuals who want to work on exciting building projects while using cutting edge technology to impact the industry. The candidate will be working closely with structural engineers to implement computational and optimization capabilities. This position requires creative thinking with challenging new problems to solve in a fast-moving environment.
- Work on every stage of software development projects: analysis, design, programming, test, release and maintenance.
- Help to expand computational design and optimization capabilities
- Generate and develop add-ins/plugins to improve interoperability capabilities
- Design new tools to enhance BIM and structural engineering workflow efficiency
- Innovate new tools for design and production
- Research the latest design trends and technologies
- Lead the generative/parametric/computational design initiatives
- Help maintain new and existing internal BIM/engineering tools
- Develop new tools for client interaction
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Bachelor’s Degree in computer science is preferred
- 2-4 years of engineering or programming experience
- Knowledge of Dynamo and Grasshopper is required
- Proficient in C#, Python, and VBA (Knowledge of other programming languages is a plus)
- Knowledge of BIM Tools: Revit, Revit SDK, AutoCAD, and/or Rhino
- Knowledge of computational, parametric, and generative design
- Experience with source control systems like GIT and SVN
- Exposure to 3D modeling software and engineering software including ETABS, SAFE, and RAM is preferred
McNamara • Salvia provides innovative and cost-effective structural engineering services for architects, developers, owners and institutions across the country and abroad. The firm brings to the design team extensive engineering expertise in all types of structural systems and materials for diversified projects such as medical and research facilities, urban and suburban office structures, commercial and retail complexes and residential developments.