Ryan A. Dow, P.E., S.E.
New York Office: 212.246.9800
A principal in our New York office, Mr. Dow has managed the structural engineering of many large scale and mixed-use projects ranging from high-rise towers to retail, institutional and healthcare buildings. Ryan has over 15 years of experience in bringing together large teams of stakeholders, architects, and engineers around a single structure. He has a broad background in the design of wind and seismic lateral systems along with a strong focus on constructability. His experience includes such notable projects as the new Three World Trade Center tower and 425 Park Avenue in New York City.
“I find it very rewarding to take the most complex and challenging projects and make them both efficient and constructible.”
Masters of Engineering in High Performance Structures, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Bachelors of Science, Oregon State University
PE – California, Florida, Massachusetts, and New York
SE – California
*Three World Trade Center – New York, NY 1,171 feet, 80-story office tower with concrete core and structural steel perimeter frame. Extensive use of exposed structural elements.
Architect: Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners
Massachusetts General Hospital, Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care – Boston, MA 11-story, 640,000 square foot ambulatory building with 6 levels of below grade parking, innovative up/down construction methods, rooftop healing garden, extensive connectivity and coordination with existing buildings on MGH campus.
Architect: Cambridge Seven
*425 Park Avenue – New York, NY 905 feet, office tower with eccentric concrete core and structural steel perimeter frame. Exposed structural transfers and extensive adaptive re-use of existing podium base of previous building on site. Completed Schematic Design
Architect: Foster + Partners
Copley Place Tower – Boston, MA A mixed-use building with 50 stories of residential condominiums constructed of reinforced concrete on a steel retail transfer podium over the Massachusetts Turnpike.
Architect: Elkus Manfredi / ODA
*Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Seven building resort consisting of the largest Four Seasons in the world – guestrooms, conference space and amenities designed using multiple materials including PT concrete, structural steel, exposed timber and masonry.
*Two World Trade Center – New York, NY 1,348 feet, 79-story, office tower with concrete core and structural steel perimeter frame. Dramatic sloped top configuration extending over many floors.
Architect: Foster + Partners
Additional Representative Projects
- *3 Hudson Boulevard– New York, NY
- 504 Myrtle Avenue & 555 Waverly Avenue – Brooklyn, NY
- 572 Eleventh Avenue – New York, NY
- Seaport M1/M2 – South Boston, MA
- *North Shore LIJ Katz Women’s Hospital and Zuckerberg Pavilion – New Hyde Park, NY
- *WTC West Bathtub Vehicular Access “Helix” – New York, NY
- *Courtyard and Residence Inn Central Park / 1717 Broadway – New York, NY
- Inter-Continental Hotel and Residence – Boston, MA
- *Royal Atlantis at the Palms – Dubai, UAE
- Novartis Institute for Biomedical Research Headquarters – Cambridge, MA
- *Four Seasons Hotel & Residences Tower – Boston, MA
- Westin Convention Center Hotel – Boston, MA
- Muvico Theaters – Various Locations in NJ, FL, IL, PA
- American Dream Meadowlands – East Rutherford, NJ
*Experience Prior to McNamara • Salvia