Mark F. Aho, P.E.
Boston Office: 617.737.0040
Based in McNamara • Salvia’s Boston office, Mr. Aho has been with the firm for over 19 years. His primary responsibilities involve the day-to-day management of the Boston Engineering staff, while still providing project management on various small to mid-size projects. He is also involved in many of the firm’s most technical and challenging projects in the Boston and Miami offices.
“Any competent structural engineer can calculate sizes for beams and columns. We design the structure for our client.”
Master of Science, Georgia Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Science, Georgia Institute of Technology
California (Civil), Florida, Massachusetts, New York and Virginia
Brickell World Plaza – Miami, FL 40-story office building; concrete core with steel outrigger trusses, 11-levels of post-tensioned concrete parking and steel framed office floors above.
Alexandria Center at Kendall Square – 50+60 Binney Street – Cambridge, MA 10-level laboratory/office building with 6-levels of below grade parking. The building has up-down construction with steel framed superstructure and post-tensioned concrete slabs and slurry wall below grade.
Architect: Spagnolo Gisness & Associates
Gillette Stadium – Football Operations Office Expansion – Foxborough, MA 2-story steel-framed office building built in two phases (1½ levels built in Phase 1, remaining ½ of 2nd floor built in Phase 2); integral but structurally separated addition to Gillette Stadium; structural work within stadium included new plunge pools and team meeting room seating risers.
Beach House 8 – 3651 Collins Avenue – Miami Beach, FL 9-story, single bay wide condominium building with varying 10-15 foot cantilevers on each end; post-tensioned concrete floor slabs, built-up steel tube columns at 10’-6” to hide behind window mullions for column free space.
Chestnut Hill Square – Newton, MA 3-building mixed use development and 5-level parking structure; two single story lifestyle center retail buildings and 5-story mixed use building with retail, health club, MOB uses and Wegmans grocery store in basement extending out under parking lot.
Watermark Kendall West – Cambridge, MA 23-story steel-framed apartment building; air-rights project built over an existing 4-story below grade parking structure.
Architect: CBT Architects
Additional Representative Projects
- 44 Prince Street Condominiums – North End, Boston, MA
- 77 City Point Office Building – Waltham, MA
- Third Square Apartments – Cambridge, MA
- Arbor Place Mall – Douglasville, GA
- Archstone Northpoint Apartments – Cambridge, MA
- City Place South Tower Office Building – West Palm Beach, FL
- Kostas Research Institute for Homeland Security – Burlington, MA
- Novartis North American Headquarters Office Building – Cambridge, MA
- NSTAR Corporate Headquarters – Westwood, MA
- Oracle East Coast Headquarters – Reston, VA
- 66 Summer Street Apartments – Stamford, CT
- Raytheon World Headquarters – Waltham, MA
- Clarks North American Headquarters – Waltham, MA
- The Block at Orange – Anaheim, CA
- Watkins Center for Acute Care – Heywood Hospital – Gardner, MA
- Hotel Commonwealth Addition – Boston, MA
- Gateway Park Building 3 – Worcester, MA
- Unum Office Building – Worcester, MA
- Sunovion Building 2 – Marlborough, MA
- Staples Headquarters Parking Structure – Framingham, MA