Adam C. McCarthy, P.E.
Boston Office: 617.737.0040
A member of the McNamara • Salvia team for over 20 years, Mr. McCarthy possesses a detailed approach to structural design and project management. Adam is well-rounded in all aspects of complex structural systems, as well as respected throughout the industry for his experience and strong collaborative skills. In his spare time, he shares his expertise as a structural advisor to architectural thesis candidates at the Boston Architectural College. Adam works in our Boston office.
“Collaboration and listening to all project team members, internally and externally, is essential to getting a great job done.”
Boston Architectural Center, Boston, MA
Bachelor of Science, University of Vermont
Massachusetts, Maine and Vermont
Fenway Park Improvements since 2003 – Boston, MA Complete structural renovations of the Park including the addition of thousands of new seats including the famed Green Monster seats.
Atlantic Wharf Office Tower – Boston, MA 31-story office building with 1.0 million GSF built on top of a 6-story below grade garage next to Boston Harbor using the “up-down” construction technique. The project also includes a 9-story atrium and the complete renovation of a 10-story, 100 year old apartment building.
Architect: CBT Architects
Copley Residential Tower and Retail Addition – Boston, MA 54 story, 850,000 GSF residential tower with a Neiman Marcus addition constructed above I-90. Project consists of a steel podium that transition to an all concrete structure above.
Architect: Elkus Manfredi Architects
Bulfinch Triangle, Air-Rights Parcels – Boston, MA Three residential buildings comprising more than 1.5 million square feet of space constructed above the I-93 and the MBTA tunnels.
Architects: ADD Inc., ICON Architecture, and CBT Architects
Wynn Casino – Everett, MA 3.6 million square foot casino and 22-story hotel with three levels of below grade parking.
Seaport Square M1 & M2 – Boston, MA 1.4 million GSF mixed-use project with three levels of below grade parking, a 2-story retail podium, and three mid-rise residential towers above.
Architect: KPF and CBT Architects
Additional Representative Projects
- 45 Province Street Condominium Building – Boston, MA
- The Mandarin Oriental Hotel and Condominiums – Boston, MA
- Suffolk University Dormitory and Modern Theatre – Boston, MA
- Snowdome at Xanadu – East Rutherford, NJ.
- 100 College Street Laboratory / Office Building and Parking Garage – New Haven, CT
- Liberty Mutual Corporate Headquarters – Boston, MA
- Northpoint Parcel N “20/20” Residences – Cambridge, MA
- 888 Boylston Street Office Building – Boston, MA
- BASF North American Headquarters – Florham Park, NJ
- “The Point” Residential Building at Fenway – Boston, MA
- Seaport Square Parcels B & C – Boston, MA
- South Campus Gateway Center at The Ohio State University – Columbus, OH
- 111 Huntington Avenue Office Tower – Boston, MA
- Government Center Garage Redevelopment – Boston, MA
- Waterside Place I and II – Boston, MA
- Kroc Community Center – Boston, MA
- Emerson College Little Building and Boylston Place Dormitories – Boston, MA
- Filene’s Building Renovation at One Franklin Street – Boston, MA