Field Engineer – Boston Office
Job Description: Field representative for region’s largest consulting structural engineering firm.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology
- 0 to 5 years of experience in structural engineering or commercial building construction
- Visit construction sites for field observation
- Document as-built conditions of existing structures for future renovation or repair
- Assist senior Engineer/Inspector with concrete inspection with an emphasis on rebar and post-tensioning installation
- Preparation of written field reports, inspection reports, building evaluations and as-built documentation
- Construction administration including review of shop drawings, submittals, RFIs
- Availability for some early morning, extended hours and/or weekend hours as dictated by construction schedules
- Attend internal and external meetings with contractors and design team members
- Strong desire to work outdoors on many high-profile construction projects
- Physical ability to navigate construction sites, including climbing ladders
- Understanding of various types of building construction including steel, concrete, masonry and wood
- Knowledge of design codes and standards such as IBC, ASCE, AISC and ACI
- Proficient in MS Word, Adobe, and/or Bluebeam, familiar with Procore, PlanGrid and/or Newforma
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills for our fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
McNamara • Salvia provides innovative and cost-effective structural engineering services for architects, developers, owners and institutions across the country and abroad. The firm brings to the design team extensive engineering expertise in all types of structural systems and materials for diversified projects such as medical and research facilities, urban and suburban office structures, commercial and retail complexes and residential developments.
We offer competitive salary + bonus, medical, dental and vision insurance, life, long and short term disability insurance, 401(k) with company paid match and flex spending accounts as well as other benefits.