Design Engineer – New York Office
The position of Design Engineer will offer you the ability to grow and apply your knowledge of structural engineering and design of steel, concrete, masonry, and wood structures working both independently and as part of an engineering team.
This is a diverse role and the duties include:
- Preparation of engineering drawings, specifications, calculations, analytical models, reports and correspondence
- Construction Administration including review of shop drawings, submittals, RFIs and field observation
- Attend internal and external meetings with clients and design team members
- 0 to 5 years experience in Structural Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, Master’s desirable
- EIT preference
- Knowledge of building fundamentals and design codes and standards such as IBC, ASCE, AISC and ACI
- Experience with structural programs such as RAM, ETABS, ADAPT, SAFE and REVIT
- Strong technical skills, excellent verbal and written communications
- Excellent planning and organizational skills for our fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
Anticipated Salary Range: $65,000 to $80,000
We are proud to offer a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k retirement program with company match, and paid time off (PTO).
McNamara • Salvia has provided a good-faith estimate of the compensation range for this position in this specific location. We reserve the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s race, sex, or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
To apply for this position:
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org