Special Inspector – Concrete Construction, New York Office
Job Description: Concrete construction special inspector to provide on-site special inspection per building code requirements and act as a visible, professional, collaborative representative of the company at project construction sites. Fast growing office with significant upward career opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- ACI Concrete Construction Special Inspector (CCSI) and/or PE required
- 3+ years of recent inspection experience, preferably with an emphasis on rebar and concrete placement inspection
- Proficient in MS Word, Adobe, and/or Bluebeam
- Review construction documents and shop drawings
- Inspect reinforcement
- Review concrete placement
- Provide written field reports
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment using technical knowledge
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on organization
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Mc/Sal is a well-established and nationally recognized structural engineering firm established almost 30 years ago that brings award-winning creativity, innovation, and experience in structural design to a wide variety of project types. Our experience spans the nation reaching from all areas of New York and New England to the high-seismic regions of Las Vegas and California to the hurricane climate of South Florida. We have expertise in all types of building structures including medical, educational, stadiums, automated parking, research, retail, corporate headquarters, long-span, and residential/office high-rise towers.
We offer competitive salary plus bonus, medical and dental insurance, life, long and short term disability insurance, 401(k) with company paid match and flex spending accounts as well as other benefits.
To apply for this position:
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org