Kindergarten through college,
we understand the different requirements.
McNamara • Salvia’s portfolio of academic projects includes buildings for colleges, universities and K-12 schools. We have designed dormitories, dining facilities, classroom and research buildings, athletic facilities, student life centers, and libraries. We have worked for both public and private institutions. We are familiar with the growing trend of mixed-use buildings on campus and we pride ourselves in our ability to design cost-effective structural systems which successfully adapt to different uses. Academic buildings have different programs that have varied structural requirements.
We pride ourselves in our ability to design cost-effective structural systems which successfully adapt to different uses.McNamara • Salvia has the requisite experience to work closely with architects in selecting materials and developing structural systems which best suit the needs of each project.
McNamara • Salvia has a long history of providing value to our clients through early coordination to help support each building program. We recognize that the value of an early structural package reduces lead times and construction schedules, and leaves more budget for finishes that provide for the comfort of each school’s student body.
McNamara • Salvia has completed over 80 academic related structures with particular focus on colleges and universities. These structures include a range of dormitories, research facilities, classroom buildings, and libraries. These structures require durability in order to withstand decades of use and also require flexibility in usage as well as catering to future possibilities. The McNamara • Salvia team provides a value to academic projects creating safe, long-lasting structures conforming to grants and tight budgets. Our goal is to minimize the structure cost and maximize the budget for finishes, furnishings, and equipment.
Below is a partial list of featured projects:
- Babson College Dormitory – Wellesley, MA
- Berklee School of Music Renovations – Boston, MA
- Boston University Housing at 270 Albany Street – Boston, MA
- Boston University Housing at 580 Commonwealth – Boston, MA
- Curry College Academic Theater Addition – Milton, MA
- Emerson College Boylston Place Dormitory – Boston, MA
- Emmanuel College Julie Hall Renovations – Boston, MA
- Franklin & Marshall Dormitory – Lancaster, PA
- Harvard University 5 Cowperthwaite Graduate Housing – Cambridge, MA
- Harvard University Alumni Stadium Renovations, Cambridge, MA
- Long Island Day Camp Classroom Addition – Boston, MA
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology Amphitheater Addition – Cambridge, MA
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology Pacific Street Graduate Housing – Cambridge, MA
- Milton Academy Crossroads Building – Milton, MA
- Nashoba Brooks School Renovations – Concord, MA
- Newton Country Day School Library Addition – Newton, MA
- Newton Country Day School Wellness Center – Newton, MA
- Northeastern Kostas Research Institute – Burlington, MA
- Ohio State University South Campus Gateway – Columbus, OH
- Polk Community College/University of South Florida Joint Use Facility – Polk County, FL
- Sacred Heart University Edgerton Center for the Performing Arts – Fairfield, CT
- Suffolk University Law School – Boston, MA
- Suffolk University Modern Theatre – Boston, MA
- University of Massachusetts Amherst Central Heating Plant – Amherst, MA
- University of Florida Proton Therapy Institute – Jacksonville, FL
- University of Miami Cox Neuroscience Building – Coral Gables, FL
- University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science – Virginia Key, FL
- University of Miami Unger Building – Coral Gables, FL
- Wentworth Institute Beatty Hall Renovations – Boston, MA
- Worcester State College Wesleyan Hall – Worcester, MA
*Miami Director experience at previous firm