Supporting patient care above all.
In healthcare design, a functional program is the primary objective. McNamara • Salvia recognizes that each structure needs to accommodate important hospital and research functions. Our portfolio includes projects with structural challenges that have been economically overcome in order to provide buildings that serve the ultimate needs of patient care.
Medical equipment and procedures are constantly changing. We have worked closely with our clients and their vendors to understand the structural requirements of the latest medical technologies, including cancer treatment (linear accelerators and proton therapy), imaging (MRI, IMRIS, PET-CT), interventional procedures, hybrid ORs, and surgical booms and lighting. We meet the strict support requirements of these elements without taking adjacent areas out of service.
Our portfolio includes projects with structural challenges that have been economically overcome in order to provide buildings that serve the ultimate needs of patient care.
McNamara • Salvia has the requisite experience to work closely with architects in selecting materials and developing structural systems which best suit the needs of each project. Our capabilities include studying and limiting vibrations that can affect the performance of the equipment and the comfort of the patients. Our multiple repeat healthcare clients have turned to us to study and understand their existing facilities.
Our aim is to minimize the impacts on existing facilities and provide new structures that can adapt to future needs. This allows us to respond to ever changing requirements and consult on economical solutions for expansion and alteration. McNamara • Salvia understands that the business of healthcare revolves around providing uninterrupted service.
Below is a partial list of featured Patient Care Facilities projects:Patient Care Facilities
- American Cancer Society Hope Lodge – Boston, MA
- Baptist Health South Florida – Miami, FL
- Bay State Health D’Amour Center for Cancer Care – Springfield, MA
- Beverly Hospital Expansion – Beverly, MA
- Boston Medical Center – Boston, MA
- Brigham & Women’s Hospital – Shapiro Cardiovascular Center – Boston, MA
- Brigham & Women’s Building for the Future – Boston, MA
- Children’s Hospital – Clinical Building – Boston, MA
- Children’s Hospital – Karp Family Research Laboratories – Boston, MA
- Children’s Hospital – Main Building Addition at 57 Binney Street – Boston, MA
- Florida Hospital – Tampa, FL
- Heywood Hospital Watkins Center for Acute Care – Gardner, MA
- MD Anderson Proton Therapy Center – Houston, TX
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy – Boston, MA
- Massachusetts General Hospital – Ellison Building – Boston, MA
- Massachusetts General Hospital – Lunder Building – Boston, MA
- Massachusetts General Hospital – North Shore Center for Outpatient Care – Danvers, MA
- Massachusetts General Hospital – Proton Therapy Center – Boston, MA
- Massachusetts General Hospital – Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care – Boston, MA
- Palmetto General Hospital – Hialeah, FL
- Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital – Charlestown, MA
- Tufts Medical Center Inpatient Tower – Boston, MA
- University Community Hospital – Tampa, FL
- University of Florida – Proton Therapy Institute – Jacksonville, FL
Medical Office Buildings
- Kent Hospital MOB – Warwick, RI
- Lahey Clinic – Peabody, MA
- Massachusetts Mental Health Center – Fenwood Inn Outpatient Care/MOB – Boston, MA
- Partners HealthCare at Patriot Place – Foxborough, MA
- South End Community Health Center – South Boston, MA
- St. John’s Medical Center – Lowell, MA
*Miami Director experience at previous firm